Register Now for the Fall in Person Advancing Youth Development Workshops!
Live In-Person Training
September 27th – September 30th
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 – Friday, September 30, 2022
Time: 9:00AM-4:00PM (7 hrs.)
Location: First Floor Conference Room, 1801 Research Blvd. Rockville, MD 20850
Facilitator: Dennis Carter, Senior Director, Community Partnerships, Ramapo Youth Development Institute
Registration for this training closes on Tuesday, September 20th at 3:00 p.m.
What will participants learn?
In Advancing Youth Development (AYD) courses, participants learn the necessary tools and skills to better engage and support youth. Participants also learn how to help youth navigate and use resources, identify their own strengths, and then define and achieve their goals.
Who Can Attend?
Individuals who work in and for organizations operating programs serving youth in Montgomery County Maryland.
Advancing Youth Development (AYD) Training is an intensive 4-day professional development opportunity for community youth workers who work directly with youth, ages 10 to 24, in school, community or faith-based settings.
Register Now for the Spring Advancing Youth Development Workshops!
We are excited to offer you the online version of the highly acclaimed Advancing Youth Development Training!
The Montgomery County Collaboration Council is proud to have trained hundreds of youth development practitioners in the county with the nationally recognized ‘Advancing Youth Development’ training. Typically, the Advancing Youth Development Training is an intensive 4-day in-person training totaling 30 hours. After over a year of developing an online design of the training, the course is now available for youth development professionals to participate in.
Online Course Format:
This online AYD course has 6 modules that will be completed every week over 8 weeks. Weekly modules are self-paced (Estimated to be 2-3 hours each). Participants will also engage in a live online session once a week using the Zoom Platform (Thursdays from 6:00 – 7:30 PM) beginning March 24, 2022, through May 12, 2022. (7 total) (Please note there will not be a Zoom Session on March 31, 2022)
This will be an interactive opportunity to engage with other participants on learned material, ask clarifying questions to facilitators, and share experiences relevant to corresponding modules. This session will be facilitated by Dennis Carter. Participants who complete the 6 modules and attend the 7 live online sessions will receive a certificate of completion. Throughout this entire online course, our experts will be available to answer your questions via email or phone.
What Will Participants Learn?
This Advancing Youth Development (AYD) online course will give participants the necessary tools and skills to better engage and support youth. Participants will learn how to help youth navigate and use resources, identify their own strengths, and define and achieve their goals.
Who Should Sign Up? This professional development opportunity is for youth development practitioners who work with youth in schools, nonprofit community organizations, and agencies in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Register Now for November Community of Practice Workshops!
Register Now for October Community of Practice Workshops!
- October 9, 2017 9:30-2:00PMLGBTQ Ally TrainingMid-County Rec Center, 2004 Queensguard Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20906
- October 10, 2017 9:00-3:00PM Youth Development Practices for Old-er Youth: Increasing Engagement and Building CommunityMid-County Rec Center, 2004 Queensguard Rd, Silver Spring, MD, 20906
- October 14&28 2017 9:00-4:00 PM2-Day Advancing Youth Development Training for TeachersNorbeck-Muncaster Mill Neighborhood Park 4101 Muncaster Mill RD, Norbeck, MD, 20853
- October 17-18 2017 9:30-2:30 PMYouth Mental Health First AidSilver Spring Civic Center 1 Veterans Pl, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- October 19, 2017 9:30-12:30 PMRestorative Practices for Youth and FamiliesConference Center, 1801 Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850
- October 24, 2017 9:30-2:00 PMKeys To A Successful Mentoring ProgramConference Center, 1801 Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850
- October 25, 2017 12:00-1:30 PMCreating Safe Space: Reducing Bullying and Harassment; Building Positive Climate Webinar
- October 26, 2017 9:30– 2:00 PMEngaging African American Males in Youth ProgramsSilver Spring Civic Center 1 Veterans Pl, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- October 27, 2017 9:30– 12:30 PMTrauma Informed Care Conference Center, 1801 Research Blvd, Rockville, MD 20850