Senatorial Scholarship’s available for Maryland students. April 30th Deadline

Senatorial Scholarship

Who may apply: Current high school seniors and full-time and part-time, degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students. Students attending a private career school may also apply.

How to apply: Complete and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If your State senator makes his/her own awards, you must call or write to your legislator for further instructions. The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) can provide a list of all State legislators.

**Scholarships maybe available through your state delegation for your district. They are NOT available through your federal delegation (i.e. U.S. Senator Benjamin L. Cardin and U.S. Senator Chris Van Hollen).**

When to apply: Complete and file the FAFSA at by March 1. Contact your State senator in February for further instructions.

Eligible majors: All majors are eligible.

​​*Program Update*

Scholarship can be used at out-of-state institutions if the applicant is on active duty with the U.S Military and domiciled in the State.

For application and more information, call (240) 777-8500

APRIL 30TH DEADLINE FOR CARR SCHOLARSHIPS   If you live in the 18th Legislative District and will be attending a Maryland College or University* next fall or spring, I may be able to award you a legislative scholarship. A short application is required and you must have already completed your FAFSA. To begin the process, send an email to and include your home address so we can confirm you reside in D18 and send you an application.   Questions? Call my office at 301 858-3638   *Students attending out-of-state institutions can receive scholarship funds only if they have been certified as studying a “unique major” that is not offered at any Maryland institution.
Brought to you by
Collaboration Council
Montgomery County, MD