Montgomery County’s Mid-County Regional Services Center moves to temporary locations
The building that has been home to the Montgomery County’s Mid-County Regional Services Center at 2424 Reedie Dr. in Wheaton has been closed as part of the ongoing Wheaton revitalization project. However, the services that have been available from the center will operate from temporarily locations while awaiting moves to their respective future permanent locations. The former regional services center building will be demolished as part of project that will include construction of a new 14-story Montgomery County office building and an adjacent town square around the Wheaton Triangle business district. Businesses in the area are continuing to operate during the construction period. The new 308,000 square-foot, LEED platinum certified building is scheduled for completion in 2020. It will be the relocated home of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, which has long been located in Downtown Silver Spring. It also will house the new Mid-County Regional Services office, several County departments and will have retail operations on its ground floor. The building is being constructed on the Parking Lot 13 site that is located between Grandview Avenue, Reedie Drive and Triangle Lane—an area between Veirs Mill Road and Georgia Avenue. The Mid-County Regional Services office has been temporarily located to 11435 Grandview Ave. in Wheaton. That building was the former home of the Wheaton Fire Station. The office can be reached at 240-777-8101. Other services that were located in the Mid-County Service Center will be permanently relocating to the Westfield South Tower at 11002 Veirs Mill Road in Wheaton beginning in January 2018. Those providers include Proyecto Salud, the Adult Behavioral Health program, Mid County United Ministries and the Gilchrist Center Immigrant Resource Center. Until then, the agencies have been temporarily relocated as follows:
- Proyecto Salud: Has two temporary locations. Mobile units have been set up in the parking lot of the Ambassador Apartments at 2729 University Blvd. West in Wheaton. Information about the service can be obtained at 301-962-6173. The other temporary location is 18111 Prince Philip Dr., No. 132, in Olney. For information about that location, call 301-260-1074.
- Adult Behavioral Health: Relocated to the former Broome School building at 751 Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville. Information about the service is available at 240-777-1384.
- Mid County United Ministries: Relocated to the former Broome School building at 751 Twinbrook Parkway in Rockville. Information about the service is available at 301-929-8675.
- Gilchrist Immigrant Resource Center: Relocated to Westfield North Building at 2730 University Blvd. West, Suite 220, in Wheaton. Information about the center is available at 240-777-4940.
- Wheaton Urban District Advisory Committee (WUDAC) meetings will be held at the Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad at 2400 Arcola Ave. in Wheaton. The meetings will be held in the Green Room on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Mid-County Citizens Advisory Board (MCCAB) meetings will be held at the Mid-County Community Recreation Center at 2004 Queensguard Rd. in Silver Spring. The meetings will be held in the large conference room on the third Tuesday of each month.