Know Your Rights Information and Immigration Legal Services in Montgomery County, MD and Vicinity Updated
Know Your Rights Information and Immigration Legal Services in Montgomery County, MD and Vicinity
Consumer Protection Alert!Speak ONLY with a reputable attorney or accredited representative for legal advice.
Please be aware of immigration scams and/or notarios! Only seek legal help from reputable legal providers. People may attempt to offer immigration benefits or protections that do not exist.To report immigration fraud, contact the Montgomery County’s Office on Consumer Protection at (240) 777-3636.
Know Your Rights InformationUpdate: Immigration FAQs (as of 7/11/2019)
- Resources to Prepare for Immigration Raids, a comprehensive compilation of resources by local organizations.
- ACLU-MD’s What to Do If You’re Stopped by the Police (English). ( Spanish)
- ACLU-MD’s Additional Information for Non-Citizens. ( Spanish)
- ACLU-MD’s ICE Home Raids (English) . ( Spanish)
- Call United We Dream’s national hotline at: 1-844-363-1423 to report ICE activity.
- Procedures for handling visits from immigration officers to County facilities
- Know Your Rights Handouts: If ICE Visits a Home, Employer or a Public Space, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), in English, Spanish, Chinese, Portuguese, Arabic, Haitian Creole, and Punjabi. (11/30/2017)
- Know Your Rights Information and Flyers by United We Dream. Available in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Farsi, Marathi, Tagalog, and Haitian-Creole.
- Know Your Rights Postcards in multiple languages (including Arabic, Spanish, Farsi, and Somai). Print and carry with you. By National Immigration Law Center. (11/10/2016)
- CASA de Maryland’s Know Your Rights Booklets, in English and Spanish. (updated 3/2017)
- CLINIC’s Know Your Rights Guides and Know Your Rights Cards (in Amharic, Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, Haitian Creole, Korean, Spanish, and Vietnamese) and (Spanish).
- Know Your Rights video (English), ( Espanol). By CAIR Coalition (1/2017)
- InformedImmigrant.com has a wealth of up-to-date resources, in English and Spanish, including FAQ’s on recent Executive Orders, the status of DACA and more.
- Immi helps immigrants in the U.S. understand their legal options, provides an online screening tool, legal information and referrals to nonprofit legal services organizations
- Immigrant Legal Resource Center’s Family Preparedness Plan (English) ( Spanish ) (Chinese) (updated 6/2018)
- What If I’m Picked Up By ICE? Preparing for the Possibility of Being Detained, Deported, and Separated From Your Children (English), ( Spanish) ( French), created by Steptoe & Johnson (2017)
- Montgomery County Public School’s Immigration Information
- Help for Immigrant Families: Guidance for Schools. By ILRC. (3/2017)
- Information on Maryland’s Standby Guardianship Law and Parental Designation and Consent Form for Standby Guardianship